These are climate and environmental groups covering Wanstead, Redbridge, East London and Essex that we know about. Let us know if we’ve missed important groups.
- Cleaner Greener Wanstead
- Green at Barts Health Email Website Campaigning for the Whipps Cross redevelopment to be carbon neutral, among other things.
- Transition Towns include practical actions for the transition to a sustainable future free of fossil fuels, including gardening, food and community energy projects
- Leytonstone Climate Collective – new community group for June 2022
- St Johns Leytonstone hosts occasional family-friendly climate action days.
- Waltham Forest Climate Cafe is a dialogue space, meeting twice-monthly in Leytonstone.
- South Woodford Society
- Mums for Lungs Redbridge Info page
- London Cycling Campaign (LCC)
- Redbridge Cycling Campaign runs community rides for all and has a Climate Safe Streets plan for Redbridge
- Stop Silvertown Tunnel campaign against huge new polluting road in East London
- HACAN East Residents under London City Airport flight paths
Other nearby climate action groups
- Epping Forest Climate Action (FB page)
- Extinction Rebellion Waltham Forest Extinction Rebellion (XR) has local groups in most London boroughs, but as of 2022 not Redbridge
- Extinction Rebellion Leytonstone (FB page)
- Stop Edmonton Incinerator
- Fossil Free Newham incorporating Climate Action Newham Blog Twitter
- Fossil Free London
- Friends of the Earth (FoE) climate action groups